Tuesday 5 September 2006

>>> Organising! <<<

Popped into Ikea today with the 2 boys to get some storage for my stash! You would think start of the school week, easy to get into the play area but nope! had to wait about 15 minutes before there were vacancies for the 2 boys. Anyway, once they were in there, went hunting for the stuff required. Got myself some storage boxes, wire baskets to complement my shelves. I was out of there within an hour.

After sorting lunch for the boys, buckled down to organise. Decided to put all my alphas, in any form, in one big box so that I will know what I do have! Currently buying more of them and not using any that I do possess! Then all chipboard shapes went into another. Group all metal embellishment in another box and sorted the acrylic and wooden ones in another. Bits and bobs went into little drawers that I have and clearly labelled. Got all my clear stamps in a basket too. Sorted all my colour mediums (i.e. paints, pens, inkpads, alcohol inks etc) into little wire baskets which I hung beside the main shelf. All my idea books went into one of those brown boxes that hubby bought for the time being. Next in line is to sort out my patterned papers. Currently they are in various pizza boxes and frankly I really don't know what I do have. Ordered some Cropper Hopper 12x12 file holders from a local scrapping store that offered free postage (blessing!). As soon as that arrives, will commence the sorting and weeding out of papers that I need and don't need!

There's still loads more to sort... prima flowers, buttons, albums etc. Wished there weren't so many brown boxes as I much prefer to lay them open instead of hiding stuff in boxes. Then again, those boxes are begging to be altered so might do a spot of stamping on them to decorate them slightly. Looks like I've got a fair bit to do!!!

Found out from my dad that my Homegrown DT kit has finally made it way to Singapore, a week after I left!!! Now the hassle of getting it sent here... boy do I hate postal systems!!!! TTFN!

No comments: