Saturday 30 September 2006

>>> Time Out! <<<

Went to a new crop session today called Junction 7, as it's literally off the M6 J7 route. It was in a church hall with ample space. The organisers are Chris and Andrea and Chris is such a lovely person, making sure everyone is comfortable and introducing people to each other. They even had a challenge kit bought from the funds and everyone was given one to play with. There were a mixture of cardmakers and scrappers. Those cardmakers were already doing Xmas cards... put me to shame as I think I ought to start mine too!

Anyway, managed to get 2 LOs done, one using the challenge kit too. There was also another LO but it wasn't completed on time.

Used my new Junkitz papers Laguna Guy and Delight Designs chipboards, bought from Scrapajacks. The word 'Learning' is from Mobe Jeans stamps which I acquired secondhand at the crop. Of course had to add my new Rhonna Farrer swirls v2 stamps and used the new Sakura Soufle pens (which so happened to come in the post this morning) to colour it in. Those pens rocks! They dry opaque so add a lovely colour to it.

This LO was created using the challenge kit which consisted of 2 Bazzil cardstocks, 2 3Bugs in a Rug Rhapsody papers, 2 ribbon strands and 2 fabric strips from Tatterz. Oh and some brads too. It was based on a sketch that I had created for Scrapitude forum as I'm in charge of coming up with new sketches for 8.5x11" sizes. With this LO, I actually allowed the heart to hang over the torn edges of the cardstock. Thought I tried something different as opposed to the usual rectangular shaped LO! Here's the sketch that I did:


Have fun...

On a positive note, received a cheque from Creating Keepsakes for my LO in their CK Ideas Book #10 due this Nov. I'ts in American dollars and I'm wondering if I can cash it in here ... no doubt by the time I get the cash, it would be minus bank charges here and there!!!! Wish they paypalled me instead.... Will have to go to the bank on Monday to find out about it! TTFN!

No comments: