Saturday 24 March 2007

>>> London And Another Toot! <<<

Woo Hoo, today is the day for the reveal!

Morag and I drove down to Olympia, London to go to the Stitches & Craft show. The reason: I've won the First Prize in the Readers Gallery in Scrapbook Inspiration magazine and bagged myself £300 worth of Xyron products.

The two of us were super excited to be in London... imagine, childfree to indulge in stash shopping! Had a good browse at the exhibition. Can't say there were much scrapping stash but I think we spent a fair amount at the Banana Frog stand. Then we headed to the Scrapbook Theatre where my layouts were hanging on the wall. There were tables laid out for those who wanted to scrap so we did a 6x6 page for a charity cause. Played with Banana Frog stamps too and they are brillant!

Met up with Carolyn, my team member from L-Plates on UKScrappers. We had lunch at Pizza Express. All of us had salad and they were delicious! Then back to stash shopping. Bought some more dewdrops, Rouge de Garance papers, and a Swirl stamp set.

Moi with Carolyn and Morag at the Banana Frog stall. Couldn't resist buying a Swirl stamp set after using it at the Scrapbook Theatre.

At 3pm, the prize ceremony began. Met Joanne Mullen, editor of Scrapbook Inspiration and had a chat with Dawn Bibby and her hubby. Also met the team of SI too. It was an exciting moment and I just went through the motion...so overwhelmed! Thank goodness for my friends who acted as unofficial photographers! My prize... a Xyron Personal Cutting System with 6 packages of cartridges, spare blads and mats. Wow! Now wondering what to do as I'm not really a die-cut user but more a stamper! Might just keep it for my sons to use. Ollie is into crafting big time and always rammaging thru' my stuff!

Moi with Louise Fortune (2nd prize winner) and Shimelle, design team member of SI mag.

My hall of fame! Silly me forgot to take an overall shot of it in my excitement.

Louise Fortune (2nd prize), Zulieka Greenham (New Face) & moi (1st prize) : winners in the Scrapbook Inspiration Readers Gallery.

My prize given by none other than Dawn Bibby! I was surprised to see her there! Joanne Mullen is the lady in the middle, editor of Scrapbook Inspirations. While I was there, met Cheryl, Anne, Shimelle and Rosie, the team members of Scrapbook Inspiration. Nice to put a face to the people you often see in the magazine.

Later I had a chat with Beverly, owner of Banana Frog. She invited me to join her Design Team...woo hoo! That must be the icing on the cake! Gosh her stamps are lovely. Not surprising, I said yes! The thought of having more stamps to play is just exhilating! She has some new stamps coming out so I guess I will be playing with them.

We left London at about 4 ish and reached Birmingham about 6pm. Gosh it has been an exciting day but very tiring. I was so knackered in the nite that I just watched telly. Too brain dead to create despite having lovely stash to stroke!! TTFN!

3 comments:

Anam_Kihaku said...

fabby news!! well done you :)

ps does the xyron not do alphas?

Kim Sonksen said...

I am s thrilled for you hun! YOu rock the stamoing world!

Em said...

Just catching up with your blog Audrey, WELL DONE YOU!!!

I'm so pleased for you, your stuff is fab!