Sunday 8 June 2008

>>> Evening Crop! <<<

We held an evening crop last nite as we couldn't do a day crop next Sunday due to it being Father's Day! We had a good response and I was in charge of the class. I prepared an altered tin with a tag mini album inside. Techniques used were playing with glimmer mists and creating patterned papers using craft tissue paper. I had to prepare for 20 kits. I was really worried about the huge number as we usually prepare half that amount. Anyway, glad to say it went well. Feedback was that they enjoyed the class and the glimmer mists. Knew that would go down well as they are so addictive!!!

Anyway, here's the class project:


I'm glad I made it thru' the evening as I had a very busy day today. The morning saw me helping out in the car boot sale at Lyndon Green Infants school. The PTA sold refreshements, tattoo, face painting, balloons and lucky dips. We managed to raise about £750 (I think). Gosh that is a huge amount! The headmaster managed to get some cheap but good toys for the school as well. So that's a bonus! I was roped in to do the face painting, my first time and although it was daunting initially, I began to enjoy it later. I will definitely need to find a good paintbrush to do it as the brushes I used were rubbish for painting fine lines!

The afternoon saw me bringing the boys for their violin lessons. They had a great session and the teachers made it very interesting. One thing about learning the Suzuki method is that the kids don't learn music notes. They play using the notes and I reckon this is more fun 'cos they can play tunes learning that way as opposed to reading notes! Even Zac and recite the notes from a tune.

Rite, off to bed. Thoroughly knackered but had a good day! TTFN!

No comments: