Monday 27 July 2009

>>> Last Week Of July! <<<

Sheesh! Can't believe we are into the last week of July already! I will dread it when August start flying past as this means the end of summer vacation. So far, am enjoying my stay here. Can't tell you what a relief it has been not to be stuck with 2 kids all day long (and for 6 weeks)! My dad certainly has helped tremendously, especially during meal times, saving me the immense hassle of deciding what to eat/cook all the time, during bath time as he enjoys doing it (who am I to argue?) and playing with them. I'm around as well but it's nice to be able to put your feet up and read a magazine (in peace, I may add) and not be at the kids' beck and call all day. In fact, I'm actually enjoying their presence far more. Strange but true!

On the crafting side, managed to break my crafting lull and produced some LOs/projects. Here's one of the LOs that I did for Banana Frog July's Colour Focus challenge:

Brought a few Banana Frog stamp sets so had to make do with what I have (it's not easy scrapping with limited supplies). Made use of Scarlet Lime June kit (patterned paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle Traveller collection... entire set of papers rock!). Stamp sets used here are Greenwich Park, Backgrounds and Paper Chains.

Also played with Bellaboo August kit, which features Fancy Pants Kraft Kuts (the girl papers) and My Mind's Eye Penny Lane collection. There's a sneak peek on the Bellaboo blog so not difficult to guess the papers. As it's not August yet, so here are some sneak peeks of what I've done:

Ok I absolutely adore the owls so couldn't help using them to death! LOL! Did a lot of stamping too. Hope I've done justice to the papers as my crafting mojo is still on vacation mode and it's so darn difficult waking it up! Not having my border punches and embossing folders doesn't help either.

I'm off tomorrow to scrap with a friend! Best get my butt to bed as it's now 3am in the morning. I still can't sleep normal hours but at least I'm not yawning my head off in the daytime! TTFN!

3 comments:

Emma said...

love that first lo, Audrey, really colourful, and I heart the bunting, going to have to try that myself! Glad your enjoying yor trip.

~amy~ said...

yahoo..your back with some eye candy!!! You mojo has not left you...silly girl!

LOL that you noticed I used an Unity Stamp :) I actually bought the set "used" but it only had 2 stamps that were used out of the set...woo hoo.

lisa said...

Good to see you scrapping again. Those owls are so sweet : )