Wednesday 21 July 2010

~ Leavers' Assembly / Departure ~

My youngest finishes Infant School this week and the teachers got them to perform a Leavers' Assembly for the parents. The performance was brilliant and it was based upon the theme when the Ofsted came to visit the School. The ending was a tear jerker and as hard as I tried, I couldn't help shedding a tear or two (confession: I cried!) Can't believed 3 years have passed so quickly in this school. He certainly had a great time there!

My wee one in his snail outfit! (image grabbed off a video!)

Teachers' gifts consisted of decorated academic planners bought from The Works. I merely decorated the covers. They seem to go well with the teachers last year so I gave them out again this year. 

These papers came from Scarlet Lime exclusive papers that were in a previous kit. Never used them but they sure came in handy for such projects! The insides were stamped with a quote (from Unity stamps). 

A close up of it. Tim Holtz's birdcage came in handy for this project! Kept it simple due to lack of time!

And some choccies for those who weren't the main teachers but did help out in my son's class!

Once home, it was a mad rush to finish packing, those annoying little bits like chargers of various equipment. However, few days of little sleep took its toll and I ended up forgetting quite a few items (only remembered them when I was at the airport!)

Thankfully Emirates allowed me to check in online and therefore save me the hassle of hanging about in the airport. Eventually we got on the plane and the boys lost no time watching their favourite movies.


Thank goodness for inflight entertainment! TTFN!

No comments: