Saturday 3 July 2010

~ New App ~

While browsing the App Store, I found a new photography app called Swankolab! It's from the same makers as Hipstamatic but this app uses photos in the gallery to create the same kind of look as the Hipstamatic camera! How cool is that! While Hipstamatic allows you to take photos, the Swankolab enables you to play in the darkroom and mix chemicals to achieve a certain look to your photos! Not surprising, I simply revelled in it! The app allows you to save the different formulae you created and even to name them! Here's some samples of the same photo created using different chemical mix: 






I made use of a photo taken on a Hipstamatic to re-create three different looks. Here's another one taken with the camera on iPhone: 



Again mixing different chemical gave me two different looks to the same picture.

Unfortunately, the black and white photos still have a bluish tint. Not sure if this is due to the upgrade of iOS4. Both Hipstamatic and Swankolab photos are affected. Hopefully it will be resolved soon otherwise I won't be using creating any black & white photos! App cost £1.19 and you can subscribed for another £1.19 to get more chemicals and a lifelong addition of new chemicals when it comes out! One of my most played apps at the moment! TTFN!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Cool app Audrey, this is what I wanted Hipstamatic to do, so I may take a look at it.

Love what the Iso4 upgrade did for useability but I think its caused me some problems, screens frozen 3 or 4 times and I have had to switch the phone off to get it going again. Signal seems to be shocking since I upgraded and several times texts haven't sent. Another app I recently bought (or again it could be the upgrade) is causing my wireless to crash and I keep having to reboot my router to get it going again - all very frustrating when my iphone used to work beautifully!

Are you experiencing any probs other than the blue tint?

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Great app, wish the android phones would catch up with the iphone apps!

Edleen said...

i *heart* all the photo apps too! got many on mine and love yours :)

have a fun weekend!