Wednesday 30 March 2011

~ Banana Frog Hop ~

Welcome if you have come from Beki.

The theme for this month's hop is 'birds'. I always have a soft spot for them. For my project, I wanted to re-create the birds in a different style. I've been seeing a lot of embellishment covered in newsprint, map etc. Hence, I went down that route. 

I've been dabbling a lot in digi lately so not surprisingly, I turned to my stash of digi papers to find a suitable paper. Having printed them out, I stamped my bird image on them and cut it out. Here's my finished project:

The tag was decorated with a background stamp from Backgrounds set and the bird was adhered with foam dots. 

Whenever I play with my mists on projects, rather than wipe off the excess mist from templates, I tend to stick a tag on top of it to soak up the extra mist. This creates a background image on the tag. The tag is then kept for future use. I just feel it's such a shame to wipe off the extra mist. Here's another misted tag:

The background of the tag was decorated using stamp sets from Totally Tropical & Hiya Chick. Here, I cut off the tail of the bird and re-arranged them on the bird. 

The back of the tag can be left blank or simply stamped with background images. I tend to leave blank until I know what I'm using it for... I tend to give them away with birthday cards so usually an inspirational quote will be stamped before sending it off!

If you fancy winning a Banana Frog stamp set, simply leave a comment! Thanks for hopping by and this is the last stop. If you have missed any stop, simple return to the Banana Frog blog! TTFN!



11 comments:

rach said...

They are great tags, so much inspiration on this blog hop today, thanks

Caroline said...

The stamps are fab, so versatile too.

knitkath said...

Love the look of the birds done in print, effective against the background!

Beckie said...

So cute! Love how you have stamped the bird on newspaper print!

madhatter said...

I'm a big fan of birds at the moment too, so its really nice to see others people's ideas. Loved the tags.
Tracey

Lou said...

fantastic tag, love them :)

Kim Woods said...

could you tell me where you got that lovely newsprint from please? x

Colette said...

Fab, very cool use of a stamp,

Colette x.

Jimjams said...

I love the look of that bird on the newsprint - must give that a go. TFS

Sheena said...

Love your tip for not wasting mist.
Will be soaking it up from now on :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely work - I ALWAYS forget to mop up my ink that way, which annoys me !
Margaret C