Wednesday 2 November 2011

~ Gem Of A Babe! ~

Well, it was time to say goodbye to my car of nearly 10 years, my Renault Clio Dynamic. It served me well and I had a lot of fun with that car. Best of all, it gave me no hassle nor trouble. It was truly a fab car!


And late today, I picked the keys to my new babe, Kia Soul Shaker. Hubby surprised me last Saturday. He went to the Kia garage and found this gem of a babe which literally ticked all the boxes that I wanted in a car, namely, Bluetooth (for mobile photo), USB port (for my iPhone) and a sunroof (I need it as I feel quite claustrophobic if there isn't one!) And the car came with additional extra like a rear view camera (to aid in reversing!) Bonus! Oh and did I say it sit high, like a 4x4 (another of my likes too)!

Lots of reflection from the lighting above but this was taken at the back of the garage's. 

As I said goodbye to my old car, I did shed a few tears... call me a sentimental fool! It was my first car when I moved to the UK so not surprising I was quite attached to it! Anyway, I'm not in a habit of changing cars, so this one will be with me for the next 10 years I guess. It's not brand new but it's barely a year old and has done 5k miles. However, the price was right for what hubs was prepared to pay for it! My dad told me the car would have cost about S$110k (£55k) in Singapore!!! I guess this is one advantage of living in the UK, no COE to pay nor exorbitant price for cars!!! TTFN!

No comments: