Wednesday 29 May 2013

~ Back From A Mini Break ~

It has been a very busy 2 weeks for me. My best chum arrived from Shanghai with her toddler and stayed with me for 5 days. Can't tell you how much that meant to me, having your best pal with you and being able to chat normally instead of over Whatsapp! Not to mention getting to play with her little boy who is now walking and quite vocal too. My boys took to him and the wee one even helped to watch over him. Bless him! I even managed to bring her shopping in between working hours and it was fun to do stuff that we used to do before!


Then half term came and we headed off to the Isle of Bute, Scotland to join my SIL and her hubby for a few days. The weather up there was fab! It rained only once and we had a few walks on  some deserted beaches. My dog had a field time running loose! It's fun to hang out in places not overly crowded at all!

The view from the house! How peaceful! That's the ferry coming into the island.

Got home on Tuesday after nearly 7 hours of driving (with stops in between), only to freshen up and head out once more to Circencester. Best chum had rented a cottage in Kemble and invited us over to stay. So off we went again. Talk about being in the most remote area around but it was sheer bliss not to hear traffic, neighbours or noise! 

The view from our car going to the cottage. Beautiful place, definitely worth keeping it in mind for future hols!

Finally got home on Wednesday night to a mountain load of washing to do! Oh well, back to routine then! TTFN!

No comments: